The vision of the Department of Production Engineering and Industrial Management is:
To be recognized as an innovative and distinguished center, a preferred provider of Production Engineering students with interdisciplinary education, nurturing research & development and entrepreneur skills among students.
The mission of the Department of Production Engineering and Industrial Management is:
- To create, develop and foster capacity amongst students to become future leaders in academia, government, industries and entrepreneurial pursuit through a rigorous curriculum of theory and application that advances their ability to solve problems individually and in teams.
- To keep abreast with latest developments in academics/industry and continuously upgrade the skill sets of all involved while creating deep awareness of ethical responsibilities and human values.
- To create knowledge of fundamental principles and innovative technologies through learning, teaching and research in multi-disciplinary domains, focusing on project management, manufacturing, automation and mechatronics.
- To provide career guidance for higher education and to facilitate academics - industry interaction.
- To strengthen global collaborations and inculcate research aptitude amongst students and faculty.